St. Mary RC 1st School, Hexham – Security upgrade
St. Joseph RC Middle School, Hexham – Security upgrade
Safeguarding is an extremely important aspect of education provision.
Ofsted report on schools’ measures to address safeguarding issues and one of these measures involves school security.
Our clients wished to improve the security around accessing their school grounds and buildings.
We were asked to supply power and control systems to help facilitate security improvements at both schools.
We once again collaborated with several of our regular industry partners on this important project.
Working alongside A.McGann Building Contractors Ltd, Integrated Electronic Security Ltd and Firepoint Services Ltd on the installation side whilst liaising with the consultants WMC Harvey Ltd who oversaw the project.
The project involved numerous systems being installed to meet the security levels desired by the clients.
At St. Mary’s we installed power supplies and video panels for both a new vehicle entrance gate and a pedestrian entrance gate. Control systems, complete with video handsets were also installed at both gates, allowing staff to communicate with people at the gates as well as being able to operate them from both the school office and staffroom.
At the main school doors, we oversaw the installation of key fob readers and a video panel connected to the staffroom and the school office.
At St. Joseph’s we:
- installed power for two vehicle gates and a pedestrian gate,
- installed a video panel at both the vehicle and pedestrian gates, alongside video handsets, allowing communication and operation from both the school office and staffroom,
- Replaced the outdated door access system to the main entrance doors with a new Paxton System including a video panel.
St. Astier Ltd’s new lighting now benefits from;
- reduced power requirements
- reduced running costs
- reduced maintenance frequency
- reduced maintenance costs
See more of our security case studies
Tomlinson Longstaff Ltd is an electrical contractor based in Country Durham, north east England. We offer a wide range of electrical services including design, testing, installation and maintenance.